Electric heating has gained quite a lot of popularity over the past few decades as compared to gas, wood or oil based heating. New regulations and legislations have proved to be beneficial for heating systems based on electricity and it is now at par if not better than gas based systems. These changes have allowed for the widespread adoption of electric boilers and electric radiators that are known to have low installation cost, low maintenance, rapid heating times and higher efficiencies. The modern method of electrical heating is shaping the future of how families use utilities for their day-to-day activities.
The advantages of electric heating
- Longevity – Believe it or not, the life of electric heating systems is much longer than that of other systems due to the simple fact that there are no moving parts involved in their internals. In fact, it is stated that these systems last up to 50% more than their alternatives. Not only there is a massive reduction in the no. of breakdowns of the heating system nor you must get regular maintenance to keep everything running smoothly.
- Cost – Ultimately any system that you work with needs to be light on your pocket and electric systems tend to have much lower costs. There are multiple factors that bring down the cost including lower installation costs and owing to minimum installation services required, limited to no annual maintenance. Typically, the cost of gas is going to go up in the future and electric units are seeing a cheaper cost projection per unit at the same time hence, the savings you incur over a long period are huge.
- Installation efforts – If you have decided to opt for electric heating to be installed in your house then you should be relieved to know that it is very easy to get this done. There is no need for pipework which takes half of the concerns away. All you need is a secure connection to the circuit board and you can install your heating system anywhere in your house. The radiators in standard wet systems require a lot of disruptions so much so that you need permissions for building work as well as designs. All these obstacles are simply not present for electric heating systems.
- Safety – With no requirement to burn fuel to generate heat, electric boilers and radiators are much safer. Since there is no risk of carbon monoxide leaking, any possibility of explosions, etc. it is advisable to go for electric systems instead of older systems.
- Efficiency – Unlike other alternatives, heating systems based on electricity are 100% efficient which translates into consuming 1kW of electricity to generate 1kW of heat. If you couple it with solar panels the efficiency increases even more.
How electric heating helps the environment?
Apart from the advantages mentioned above, the biggest impact that you can have is on the environment. The first and foremost help you do is not producing pollutants by burning fuels and doing your bit in controlling the carbon produced by your household. With higher efficiencies in the system you are straining the environment less by using less resources and coupled with solar electricity, you are doing wonders and are contributing the most in your neighborhood.
Electric heating is a boon in disguise for those looking for cost effectiveness as well as lesser impact on the planet. Traditional systems have the advantage of being in use for longer time and well trained technicians available however, the benefits of electric ones over shadow the benefits of older systems by a lot. If you have decided to go for the modern heating solutions, then contact a professional to get the job done with ease.