A doorbell camera is an amazing security device but much more than that. Keep reading to find out the top 6 benefits of installing a video doorbell at your home.
A doorbell camera works as a life saviour in multiple situations. It can increase the safety of the home and add to the convenience of its residents. It is made up of two units – while the outdoor unit has a ring and a camera to capture the image and audio, the indoor unit helps you see and talk to the visitor or even unlock the door from your room. Let’s look at the top 6 benefits of installing a doorbell camera at your home.
- Say No to Forced Entries and Thefts: A video door phone helps you identify the visitors much before you open the door. This reduces the chances of forced entries to a huge extent. Moreover, these door cameras are built to last, and any attempt of tampering with it will send a signal to the authorities (the local police) including you.
- Decide Whether to Answer the Door or Not: Opening the door every time the doorbell rings can be annoying. With the help of a doorbell camera, you can see the visitor from an indoor unit placed in your room and decide whether you have to ignore them or attend to them. This is especially relevant if you have senior citizens or children and don’t want them to be disturbed with every knock. Many doorbell cameras consist of two-way communication feature that lets you chat with the visitor without opening the door.
- It Can Reduce Your Overall Home Insurance Bill: If you own a home insurance policy, a doorbell camera can reduce your premiums. The risk factor is one of the important criteria considered by insurance companies, and a video door phone installed at the door can reduce the risk of thefts and burglaries to a huge extent. However, to ensure your home insurance premiums are reduced, you have to ensure that the hardware installed is from a reputed company and integrated with other security systems such as CCTV cameras, access control systems, etc.
- View the Visitors Remotely: Some video door phones can be operated from an integrated app installed on your smartphone. Whether you are in the same city or a different country, as long as you have an internet connection, a notification is sent to your device once someone rings the bell. What’s more, you can view the visitor directly from your smartphone and also talk to them using a two-way communication feature. This ensures you never miss a visitor even if you’re miles away from your home.
- Mute Your Doorbell: Some video doorbells come with a feature that allows you to mute the indoor units’ sound. This ensures you are not disturbed by unnecessary visit at odd hours. A silent notification is still sent to your indoor units and your smartphone to ensure you can attend to the visitor if you want. With this feature, you can finally have a peaceful afternoon nap without any disturbances.
- Practice Social Distancing with a Video Doorbell: The COVID-19 pandemic is still not over, and it may be some time till it’s safe to come in close contact with outsiders. Practising social distancing has thus become critical to yours and your family’s safety. A door camera with display allows you to talk to the visitor at the door without opening the door and coming in close contact with them. For instance, you can ask delivery executives to drop the parcel at the gate by talking to them from the safe confines of your room without opening the door.
Buy the Right Video Door Phone
While video doorbells come with many advantages, it is essential to opt for the right one to ensure that you can benefit from this amazing device. Look for one that can be integrated with other security features such as an access control system (for unlocking your doors remotely), CCTV cameras and more. Most importantly, choose a reputed company that offers robust product and good after-sales support.